Happy new month fam! I pray all your heart desires be granted this month, Amen! 😉
Hello love! In today’s post, I’m sharing with you my easy everyday makeup look. There are days I would decide to be a little extra and wear a smokey eye makeup look out but for days when I cannot be bothered but still want to look presentable, this is my go-to look. It is pretty easy and can be done under 30 minutes.
- Naked 4 two-in-one eye brow kit
- L.A girl concealer in warm honey to clean up brows
- L.A girl concealer in warm honey set with black opal finishing powder in 03 as base
- Morphe 35o eyeshadow palette
- Kiss beauty eye liner
- False eyelashes in style 690
- Pond’s oil control cream as primer
- Maybelline fit me foundation in shade 338 (read review HERE )
- Zaron face definer in shade pz15 for contour
- L.A pride finishing powder
- A.B.H glow kit- golden bronze and dripping in gold
- Rose water as finishing spray
- Davis eye pencil in no 18
- Beyond beauty 24 hours lip gloss in no 26
The heat in Nigeria is unbearable and so, I only cream highlight (using the same L.A girl concealer and sacha buttercup setting powder) when I am going to an important event or when I want to be extra extra! 😉 I contour regardless because I have a really round face and contouring helps define my face so much more.
Making sure your makeup lasts all day is another task on its own, I particularly hate when my makeup starts to “shift” few hours later. However, I’ll share with you some tips I have learnt that will help your makeup last for a greater part of the day 🙂
- Starting out with a good base is really important! Make sure your skin is properly washed and moistured before anything else. Do not forget to exfoliate frequently as well.
- Use a good primer depending on your skin type. An oily skin needs a mattifying primer while a dry skin needs a hydrating primer. Primers help ensure your makeup lasts longer.
- Avoid touching your face too much during the day. Your makeup will break down sooner than expected if you do so.
- Avoid using tissue paper to touch up your makeup. It leaves tiny particles on the face, rather use a blotting paper.
- Carry your makeup essentials (powder, concealer, eyebrow pencils, etc) with you incase of a beauty emergency! I learnt this the hard way fam (if you’re interested in my shameful story, comment below!)
That’s all the sauce I have for today! 😉 As usual, I’d like to know your thoughts. Thanks for reading <3 Hugs and kisses x
Do you have an everyday makeup routine?? Do you also have tips to help your makeup last longer?? Please comment below, thanks!